Sunday, May 09, 2010
To my Mom, Gloria Serna Micielli, from a daughters heart,
Heres to cleaning my messy diapers and late night feedings when you were already overworked and tired, comforting me when I was sick as your stomach was tied in knots with worry, holding my hand on my first day of school even though you were hurting inside, loving me when I was unlovable, for good advice about boys after my heart was broken, for telling me not to give up on love or God even though I felt lost, for never giving up on me when I had already given up on myself, for the laughter and giggles we shared over cookie batter, scraped knees and chic flicks. For telling me that every marriage has its ups and downs, it the ups that carry us through to the end, for listening to me when I needed to be heard and giving me the cold facts when I needed to shut up. Heres to warm hugs I now miss when I am sad, and long talks I long for in the morning and in the afternoons, to sweet kisses on my cheek just because, and to the wonderful life that you gave to me 38 years ago. You are truly an amazing and loving mother that I will treasure forever and strive to be for my own children. I love you mom, Happy Mothers day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment